-->

Monday, January 19, 2015

My Review of Week #2 of the 21 Day Sugar Detox

So, I made it through Week #2 of the 21 Day Sugar Detox!  I am in the final stretch now and in my last week!  Hooray!

I have to say, that I feel GREAT -- now. 

You can ready over my review of my first week here



The beginning of Week #2 was a little tough.  Days 9-10 were full of cravings -- probably the most that I have since going sugar-free.  TMI here - but I was PMS-ing so I am fairly certain that this had something to do with it. 

It has truly been a valuable and educational experiment, so far. 

Really, my eating was pretty clean going into the 21-Day Sugar Detox.  That is, aside from the holiday season and being down and out with bronchitis.  So, this is how I've been feeling two weeks in, and the benefits I've noticed thus far:
  •  I feel like I’m sleeping better and waking up feeling more rested.
  •  I've noticed some extremely dramatic improvements in my mental clarity.
  •  My skin is more clear and my dark under-eye circles have definitely lessened.
  •  My sugar and processed carb cravings have nearly disappeared (aside from Days 9-10).
  •  ALL bloat is gone!
  •  The food is fabulous.
  •  My energy is nearly through the roof.
I also want to VERY CLEAR.  I am NOT doing that for weight-loss.  That will come later on. 

I am suffering from symptoms of hypothyroidism, and as I work to find a new physician, I have learned that refined grains and added sugars and sweeteners cause your entire body to slow down.  One of the biggest contributors to thyroid problems is gluten. Since so many thyroid problems are either caused or exacerbated by autoimmune disease, gluten can contribute to thyroid dysregulation in general.  And, SUGAR compromises immune function.  That is a fact.  In addition, sugar compromises the ability of our white cells to destroy toxins. This effect begins within 30 minutes of eating the stuff and lasts for five hours.  My body doesn't like sugar and gluten -- in fact, it hates them.  As much as I might want to eat that piece of cake.  My body hates me later on.

This is about HEALING for me.  And, feeling GREAT!  You get this one shot at life ..... who wouldn't want to go through it, feeling GREAT? 

Anyway, you can see my meal plan for this week right here.  A few of my favorite recipes while doing this Sugar Detox have been:  Homemade Tomato Bisque, Loaded Cauliflower Bake, and my ALL-TIME favorite -- Paleo Shepherd's Pie!


 
I am also doing Insanity Max: 30 -- 90% modified.  I've really noticed that my energy and stamina have increased .... from the combination of doing the two!

If you have any questions about what I'm doing, or what I'm eating, please let me know.  You can comment below, or drop me an email at chrispechulis@gmail.com.  Would love to hear from you.

ALL THE BEST,

No comments:

Post a Comment