1. It's perfect cold weather food.
2. It is made in a slow-cooker.
3. It uses many pantry staple ingredients.
4. It makes great leftovers.
5. It's budget-friendly.
6. Classic recipe and flavor that should appeal to all members of the family.
7. It tastes really, really great! Really!
|21 Day Fix Classic Crockpot Chili|
Classic Crockpot Chili -- 21 Day Fix Approved!
1 lb. lean organic ground beef
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
1 sweet onion, chopped
1/4 cup canned diced chilies or 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup-1 cup water (optional)
1. Cook the ground beef and garlic in a nonstick skillet breaking apart the meat with a spoon until well browned; drain off any fat then return to skillet.
2. Add in the bell peppers; cook until softened (about 5 minutes).
3. Add in the chili powder and cumin and stir to coat.
4. In the slow cooker, mix together tomatoes, beans, sweet onion, chilies and tomato paste, then stir in the beef mixture.
5. Cover and cook on HIGH until flavors are blended (about 4-5 hours). If your chili looks too thin at the end, feel free to add some water to thick it out a bit.
(Source: adapted from Food.com)
21 Day Fixers, this recipe has 6 servings. Each serving = 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, and 1 purple
If you would like to participate in one of my monthly 21 Day Fix or 21 Day Fix Extreme online accountability groups, get in touch with me here.
If you give this recipe a try, please let me know! I would love to hear how it went!
ALL THE BEST,