-->

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Weekly Meal Plan: Week of 12/15-12/21

Weekly Meal Plan: Week of 12/15-12/21

Why do I "Meal Plan"?
  1. It helps us to eat healthier, as a family. When you already have a menu of the foods you're going to prepare for the next several days, you won't have to resort to eating out or ordering takeout.
  2. I grocery shop more efficiently.  This is because I already have a list of the ingredients I need even before I go the supermarket.  I know if I need bread crumbs, cumin, or cooking spray!
  3. I save money.  When we eat out less, we naturally save money.  I also stick pretty closely to my list when shopping.  I don't deviate much from the list.
  4. We get to enjoy variety!  Instead of eating the same dish five times a week, I plan our menu so that we are often enjoying something new, but yet still loving our old favorites.
  5. I can make it a "family affair".  This is particularly helpful if you have children who are picky about their food. You can also ask for their preferences when planning meals so you can be sure they will like to dishes you serve them.  They are also more likely to try NEW foods.


So, here is OUR plan for the week ahead!

Monday:  Salad with Brussel Sprouts and Grilled Chicken (Adding grilled chicken for protein.)
Tuesday:  Fend-For-Yourself
Wednesday:  Honey-Soy Baked Chicken Thighs with Brown Basmati Rice
Thursday:  Quinoa Turkey Taco Bake with a green salad
Friday:  Easy Make-Your-Own Omelet Night (Self-explanatory, right? Made with leftovers.)
Saturday:  Dinner Out (For ME, anyway .... LOL!)
Sunday:  Italian Turkey Burger Soup

AND for something a little extra, I'm making a Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal recipe for our breakfasts this week -- sounds yummy, doesn't it?

Accompanying grocery list:



I would love to hear about YOUR meal plan for the week .... AND, if you happen to try any of these recipes or this plan, please drop me a note and let me know!

ALL THE BEST,

No comments:

Post a Comment