Because WHO wants to feel like a stuffed turkey after Thanksgiving? Not me! Maybe a few ..... or ALL of these tips will help you to not feel that way too.
- Get that workout in! Before the festivities begin or before you put that turkey into the oven. Sweat comes first.
- After your workout .... have a healthy breakfast. I will definitely have my Shakeology first thing in the morning, before I eat anything else.
- Use a smaller plate. Fill it up only once. This will help to keep your portions under control.
- Fill up on the healthy stuff first. There will be less room for the not-so-healthy stuff! Go with the lean turkey breast and any non-starchy vegetables.
- Go easy on the gravy. A little goes a long way! And, you want to be sure to TASTE your food ..... not mask it with something else.
- Just say NO. Just because everyone else is eating, doesn't mean that you have to. Choosing smaller portions shouldn't offend a host, but sometimes it IS just necessary to decline.
- Drink plenty of water. Holiday beverages add up. Stay hydrated by drinking water all day. You can also alternate water with other beverages.
- Take a walk after your meal.
- Rest up. Don't skimp on sleep during the holidays. You'll feel stressed out and run down. Work on getting those 8 hours of shut-eye.
- Stay positive. Everyone makes mistakes. There will be times when even the most disciplined person overeats or skips a workout. Don't worry -- just get back on track IMMEDIATELY. Staying positive and having a good mindset is more than half the battle!
Wouldn't THIS be a great vegetable appetizer to bring to a Thanksgiving gathering? SO CUTE!
If YOU have any tips that help you to stay on track during Thanksgiving, be sure to share them in the comments below!
So very thankful for YOU. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends.
ALL THE BEST XO,